How Sentinel’s Refuse Auto Braking Reversing Aid Systems Will Help You
Every operator worries about the risk of injury to personnel working at the rear of a refuse collection vehicle. Reversing manoeuvres with dustcarts when out on work can’t be avoided, increasing the risk of accidents.
Sentinel’s patented Refuse Safetystop auto-braking reversing aids save the risk of damage to expensive RCVs. Much more importantly, they protect personnel and members of the public from injury and death. Used as an aid to responsible driving, Sentinel’s solutions save lives.
How Does Sentinel’s Refuse Safetystop Auto-Braking System Work?
- Ultrasonic or radar sensors are fitted to the rear of the refuse vehicle.
- When reversing the sensors identify the distance to a potential hazard and apply the vehicle’s brakes automatically if the hazard is too close.
- An additional warning buzzer and light system in the cab of the dustcart also alerts the driver to the hazard.
- This system has been designed not to restrict normal operational activity of the refuse vehicle.
Benefits of the system
- Helps prevent injury to personnel and members of the public while RCVs are reversing.
- Prevents damage to RCVs and 3rd party property while reversing.
- Can reduce potential legal claims caused by damage and injury resulting from reversing accidents.
- Helps compliance with Health and Safety Executive guidelines on safe reversing of refuse vehicles.
- Has been validated as the preferred choice of local authorities and leading waste management companies since 2006.
- Can be installed as an option on new vehicles, or easily retrofitted to in-service vehicles by our team of experienced engineers.
- Can be supported by on-site driver training to ensure optimal operation..
- Comes with the reassurance of an extendable one-year warranty.
Sentinel Systems Save Lives